Some organizations work. They accomplish what they set out to do and their employees are engaged and happy with their jobs. AK Consulting helps clients improve financial performance and make their organizations better places to work by ensuring the entire organization system is aligned and set up to deliver on the company’s objectives.
- Decision and organization diagnostic. Our diagnostic tool helps pinpoint decision difficulties and identify root causes. Benchmarking your organization against our database of more than 1,000 companies can show you exactly how you measure up and help you identify specific issues to address to set your organization up for success.
- Organizational design and restructuring. The starting point for a successful “reorg” is the decisions that create value, not the boxes and lines of the org chart. Our approach helps companies structure their operations around the key sources of value in the business, remove unnecessary complexity and set up an effective operating model that allows the company to realize its strategic objectives.
- Role of the center. Examining the role of the center helps CEOs of companies with ineffectual structures determine the best organizational model for their firm. Centers must be “fit for purpose,” with roles aligned to the company’s business profile, strategy and leadership style. That means there is no pat formula. Our focus is on value added: Effectiveness is 90 percent of the game—making sure the right decisions get made by the right people at the right time. Efficiency is critical but secondary.
- Talent management and leadership supply. No company can turn in a great performance without great people. High performers learn to assess their talent pipeline, deploy their most promising people more effectively in critical decision areas and reduce their demand for scarce skills.
- Measures and incentives. AK Consulting helps companies create dynamic performance measurement with a focus on what really matters to the business. We build dashboards that serve as barometers of ongoing business performance, and help companies devise tailored compensation systems that will reward actions and behaviors that advance the organization’s goals and drive decision effectiveness.
- High-performance culture. Company culture is at the heart of competitive advantage, because it determines how things are done and how people behave. It is the hardest thing for competitors to copy. High performers create an environment with a unique personality and a passion for performance—so that people make the right decisions and do the right thing wherever they are in the business.
- Change management. Change is tough and always has been. Organizational change is a particularly emotional process—often a source of tension and insecurity. “Will I still have a job?” “What will it be?” We help companies account for these sensitivities with clear communications and solid engagement plans to motivate people. Our approach draws from experiential learning about what actions make change stick. We help deliver “quick wins” by anchoring change in customer and marketplace needs and by tackling changes in parallel, and enduring success by building organization alignment and avoiding ambiguity around critical roles and decision processes.